A Ready, Set, Learn event will take place in every elementary school in the North Okanagan-Shuswap in February or March 2020.
- Ready, Set, Learn is a free early learning event for families with children who are 3 to 5 years old and not yet attending Kindergarten
- All families will receive free books and a kit of materials and resources to help support their child’s early learning experiences
- All families are encouraged to pre-register for the event at their local school or contact Jennifer Findlay at 250-833-2095 or email@example.com for more information
- The Ready Set Learn event at Hillcrest School will take place on Monday February 24 from 1:00-2:00pm in the Library.
To see the full schedule of Ready, Set, Learn events throughout the district please click on the link below. If you know of a child in the Hillcrest community who has not yet registered for Kindergarten next year please let them know that registration is open.
LINK: RSL Final Schedule 2020
Congratulations to all of our Loppeteers for participating in the Pirate Loppet at Larch Hills on Friday. There were over 500 participants from across the district taking part this year! A huge thank you to Mrs. Wessely and Mrs. Corbett for organizing our team of students to attend.
Students had a blast competing in our annual Cracker Olympics last week. Each of our students were assigned to one of four teams (Ravens, Hawks, Eagles and Ospreys) as they completed in the six events below.
- Chariot Race
- Wheelchair/Balloon Popping Relay
- Human Caterpillar
- Fly on the Wall
- Snowball fight
There were lots of laughs and at the end of the day the teams ended up tied and all students received a coveted cracker as their prize!
It was awesome to see so many students participating in “Plaid to Read a Book Day” as part of our Unplug and Play activities last week. It was also great to see many of our students trading books at our Take a Book/Leave a Book table outside of the library. Thank you to Mrs. Reed for organizing these events for us. Students, don’t forget to hand in your Unplug and Play passports to the office before Friday Feb 7.
Students in Mrs. Corbett’s, Mrs. Meerza’s and Mrs. Housden’s classes have been participating in weekly Field Trips to Larch Hills where they have been learning to Cross Country Ski! It’s been wonderful to see our school ski equipment getting so much use! Thank you to all of our parent volunteers for helping with the many tasks that ensure the trips run smoothly.
A huge thank you to all of our parents who helped tie skates for students during our skating program this year. We are so fortunate to have such amazing support within the Hillcrest community. We would also like to thank all of our coaches from the Salmon Arm Skating Club for making sure each of our students had a positive learning experience.