Dear Hillcrest Families,
Thank you again for your cooperation and support this week as we navigated our return to in-class instruction. As with any new experience we will continue to learn together and make efforts to improve some of the policies and procedures we have in place to ensure everyone stays safe and healthy. Starting next week we would like to make the following changes.
1. Health Check Ticket – students will now be able to come to school without a parent, as long as they bring a parent signed Health Check Ticket with them. Students still need to report directly to a Heath Check Station upon arrival though. Ensuring all students coming to school are healthy is critical to the success of our restart plan.
Students who were at school on Friday received some blank Heath Check Tickets. Students coming to school on Monday will be getting their tickets then. If you don’t have a blank Heath Check Ticket at home please go to our website (https://hil.sd83.bc.ca) to print one off or copy it out on a blank piece of paper.
2. Pick-Up Times – We will be adjusted our staggered pick up times at the end of the day.
- Parents can pick up students outside their classrooms between 2:00-2:07.
- Students taking the bus, walking or riding home will be dismissed at 2:07.
Please communicate with your child and/or their teacher how they will be getting home so they can be ready to go on time. It is still important for all students and families to leave school grounds immediately after pick-up.
3. Drop-Off Times– Our staggered Drop-Off times will be adjusted slightly as our Heath check stations are running quite smoothly. As much as possible, students with a last name starting with…
- A-M should be dropped-off from 7:50-8:00
- N-Z should be dropped-off from 8:00-8:10
Students should not walk or be dropped off at the school site before 7:50am.
4. New Students – if your child will be coming to school for the first time this week please be sure to thoroughly review the Hillcrest School Restart Parent Letter document with your child.
Thank you for your continued support and have a wonderful weekend.
Principal – Hillcrest Elementary School