Dear Hillcrest Families,
Our first formal report of the year is our Student/Family/Teacher Conferences on Thursday November 18, 2021. The majority of these conferences will take place on November 18; however, teachers may choose to open up conference times on other days next week if they don’t feel they can complete all of the conferences in one day. Due to COVID-19 the conferences will take place virtually (through Microsoft Teams) or over the phone if parents don’t have access to the internet. The purpose of this conference will be to focus on your child’s learning goal(s), and to ensure a plan is in place to help them meet these goals. As this is a formal report, it is important for each student to attend their conference with the support of at least one family member.
On Thursday November 18, 2021students will be dismissed at 11:16am to facilitate the conferences so please ensure that you have made arrangements for your children. If your child is riding the school bus, please expect them to be dropped off at their usual drop-off location approximately 3 hours early.
Booking your Conference
The link below will take you to a Microsoft Booking page where you can book a conference time with your child’s teacher. This link is also available on our school website at https:// hil.sd83.bc.ca.
- There are only enough time slots for one conference per child, so please coordinate which family member will book the conference.
- If your child is in Mrs. Carla Wessley’s class please book your conference with Mrs. Natasha Boyce as she will be your child’s teacher starting on Tuesday Nov 9.
To complete your conference booking:
- Select the name of your child’s teacher from the Staff drop down menu.
- Click on an available date on the Calendar.
- Select a time from the options available.
- Fill out the required fields in the form with your personal information.
- Click on the “Book” button to confirm.
You should receive a booking confirmation email and/or text with a link to join your Microsoft Teams Meeting.
CLICK HERE to watch a video tutorial on how to join the meeting using the link provided. You can also test out the link ahead of time to ensure it works for you. On the day of your meeting please join your meeting a few minutes early so that it can begin on time.
If you have any questions about how to book your conference time, please contact the school at (250) 832-7195. You can also contact your child’s teacher directly if none of the times available will work for you. Thank you for your support by ensuring that you book your conference time online as soon as possible!