Mr. Roberts, staff, and students in Divisions 1-9 have been working hard on a Hillcrest original Outdoor Winter Show entitled “The Ugly Sweater”. COVID presented several challenges for us again this year as it was difficult to plan for a show when we did not know what would be allowed in terms of capacity limits etc. Thank you to Mr. Roberts and Mrs. Menzies for their creativity in writing such an amazing script and for not giving up. Unfortunately, due to the capacity limits in place at the time of planning, not every class will be participating, however, we were able to include twice as many students as last year. There will be two evening performances for parents of students in Divisions 1-9 to watch.
|Wednesday Dec 8 @ 6:30pm||Thursday Dec 9 @ 6:30pm|
|Div 2 – Ms. A Tyssen|
Div 3 – Mr. C Smith
Div 6 – Ms. S Housden
Div 8 – Ms. N Boyce
Div 9 – Ms. T Meerza
|Div 1 – Ms. T Menzies|
Div 4 – Ms. L Gecse
Div 5 – Ms. M Smith
Div 7 – Ms. Larmand
- Please be respectful of others personal space while at the show and practice social distancing as much as possible.
- As these are outdoor events, Proof of Vaccination and Masks are not required.
- Extended family is also welcome to attend.
Before the Show
- Dress for the weather by layering up! Audience members should be prepared to stand outside and walk between scenes for 45min-60min in whatever weather comes our way.
- Students are to report to their classroom through their regular outside classroom door @ 6:15pm.
- Parents should report to the Tire Walk Playground to wait for the show to begin after dropping of their child.
- There will be no seating. Taller individuals are encouraged to watch from the back of the crowd.
- Please do not arrive too early, as it may be cold waiting outside.
- Parking can be difficult to find during these performances. Please be respectful of our neighbors and ensure no driveways are being blocked.
Food Bank Donations
- Families are encouraged to bring donations of non-perishable food. There will be a collection box in the Tire Walk Playground area for our local Second Harvest Food Bank.
Hot Chocolate/Popcorn Sales
- Our wonderful PAC will be selling Hot Chocolate and Popcorn by donation so please be sure to bring some cash.
- Families will need to bring their own mugs for the hot chocolate this year as we aim to reduce our impact on the environment.
- All proceeds from these sales will go to our music program.
After the Show
- Students will return to their classroom following the performance.
- Parents should pick up their child from the outside classroom door.
We look forward to seeing you on the scheduled night for your child’s performance!