Our educational system value parents and has been designed to include them. The Hillcrest Parent Advisory is a body composed of parents of the students of Hillcrest Elementary School.
President: Morgan Wilson
Past President: Sandra Major
Vice- President: Joanna Hamilton
Secretary: Kayla Vanniewenhuizen
Treasurer: Chantelle Burgess
Breakfast Club Coordinator: Kayla Vanniewenhuizen
Hot Lunch Coordinator: Kristy Chruikshank
DPAC: Christy Wright
Monday October 28, 2019 @ 6:00pm
Monday November 25, 2019 @ 6:00pm
Monday January 27, 2019 @ 6:00pm
Monday February 24, 2019 @ 6:00pm
Monday April 27, 2019 @ 6:00pm
Monday May 25, 2019 @ 6:00pm
Some of the aims of the Parent Advisory group include:
- Provide input and support into the school’s annual growth plan, to help make decisions and policies for the school.
- Present speakers in various areas of interest to the parents to familiarize them with their children’s educational programs.
- Provide support for the students and parents and a liaison between home and school.
- Provide a forum for raising questions and concerns.
- Fundraise to compliment and enhance the funds provided by the School Board to enrich the children’s education.
Everyone is welcome and encouraged to attend the Parent Advisory meetings. A note and agenda are sent home as a reminder of the day and time prior to the meeting. Babysitting is available.