Our educational system value parents and has been designed to include them. The Hillcrest Parent Advisory is a body composed of parents of the students of Hillcrest Elementary School.
President: Morgan Wilson
Past President: Sandra Major
Vice- President: Joanna Hamilton
Secretary: Kayla Vanniewenhuizen
Treasurer: Chantelle Burgess
Breakfast Club Coordinator: Kayla Vanniewenhuizen
Hot Lunch Coordinator: Kristy Chruikshank
DPAC: Fiona Flemming
Monday Nov 30, 2020 @ 8:00pm (Teams Meeting)
Monday Jan 25, 2021 @ 8:00pm (Teams Meeting)
Monday Feb 22, 2021 @ 8:00pm (Teams Meeting)
Monday Apr 26, 2021 @ 8:00pm (Teams Meeting)
Monday May 31, 2021 @ 8:00pm (Teams Meeting)
Some of the aims of the Parent Advisory group include:
- Provide input and support into the school’s annual growth plan, to help make decisions and policies for the school.
- Present speakers in various areas of interest to the parents to familiarize them with their children’s educational programs.
- Provide support for the students and parents and a liaison between home and school.
- Provide a forum for raising questions and concerns.
- Fundraise to compliment and enhance the funds provided by the School Board to enrich the children’s education.
Everyone is welcome and encouraged to attend the Parent Advisory meetings. A note and agenda are sent home as a reminder of the day and time prior to the meeting. Babysitting is available.